Japanese name: ガバラ
Romanized name: Gabara
Inspiration: Cat, oni
From: Godzilla’s Revenge
- It’s not clear if Gabara was a real monster in the Godzilla universe, or if it was simply a part of Ichiro’s vivid imagination.
- “Gaba” (ガバ) and “gaba gaba” (ガバガバ) are Japanese onomatopoeiae for “grabbing” and “gurgling” respectively. “Ra” (ラ) is a common suffix in kaiju names.
- Gabara is a genus of moths.
- The most likely inspiration for Gabara’s physical appearance is the oni (鬼), a creature in Japanese folklore.
- Gabara appeared in the Go! Greenman series.
- Gabara’s sound effect is briefly heard at the end of the The Simpsons episode” 30 Minutes Over Tokyo”.
Japanese name: ダガーラ
Romanized name: Dagaara
Alignment: Nilai Kanai, the environment
Species: Daikaijuu, genetically engineered monster
Inspiration: Dragon, sea monster
From: Mothra 2: The Undersea Battle
- Like Gyaos in the Heisei Gamera series, Dagahra was created by an ancient civilization.
- Dagahra was the only non-Ghidorah monster villain in the Heisei Mothra trilogy.
- It slightly resembled Space Godzilla.
Godzilla Vs Gamera
I drew this because I felt like drawing something in theme with my Red or Dead Project so I drew some iconic giant monsters :D
I thought I needed some regular drawing time as I have been in a constant flow of creating animations for Red or Dead.